Quinine HCl Supplier is here !
Quinine hydrochloride Description:
QuinineÂ is derived from the stem of cinchona (quina-quina) tree. BesidesÂ quinine hydrochlorideÂ is an alkaloid having kinds of applications in the field of medicine.Â Quinine hclÂ is a basic compound with aryl amino alcohol group.
Application of Quinine:
1. Quinine is a natural white crystalline alkaloid that fluoresces under direct sunlight.
2. Quinine is also a mild antipyretic analgesic and can also be used as an ingredient in common cold medicine.
3. Quinine hydrochloride is generally used as a bitter and flavoring agent, and can still be used to treat Brazilian shellfish.
4. Quinine hydrochloride is also used in certain muscle diseases, such as nocturnal leg cramps and congenital muscle rigidity, because quinine can directly act on the myometrium and sodium channels.
5. Reducing oxygen intake and carbohydrate metabolism is one of the effects of quinine, because it can reduce the excitability of muscle fibers by changing the distribution of calcium. It can also help improve the efficacy of certain antitumor drugs.
Biochem / Physiol Actions of Quinine Hcl:
Quinine hclÂ is widely used in the treatment of malaria. It possesses erythrocytic and gametocytocidal action against Plasmodium sp.
Quinine also serves as an analgesic drug. Upon administration, quinine hcl is present mostly bound to ÃÂ±-1 acid glycoprotein in the body fluids.
Furthermore, Quinine has the ability to cross the placenta and the blood brain barrier. Quinine has a half-life of 11-18 hours.
Side effect of Quinine Hcl
|Name||Quinine base equivalence|
|Quinine base||100 mg|
|Quinine bisulfate||169 mg|
|Quinine dihydrochloride||122 mg|
|Quinine gluconate||160 mg|
|Quinine hydrochloride||111 mg|
|Quinine sulfate dihydrate [(quinine)2H2SO4Ã¢ÂÂ2H2O]||121 mg